BioLite Camp Stove
No fuel to buy or carry
The stove cooks your meals with nothing but the twigs you collect on your journey, eliminating the need for heavy, expensive, polluting petroleum or gas. Quick to light, fast to boil and easy to use.
Charge your gadgets
By converting heat from the fire into usable electricity, the stove will power most USB-chargeable devices including smartphones, LED lights and other accesories while you cook dinner. Unlike solar, BioLite CampStove is a true on-demand source. Twenty minutes of charging yields approximately sixty minutes of talk time on an iPhone 4S.
Load Shedding - Be prepared!
The CampStove isn't just for camping. It's great to have on hand when the power goes out - load shedding, or during natural disasters. You'll be able to cook and keep electronics charged while power lines are down. The CampStove was used in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, tables were set up in New York City, offering those without power hot drinks and a chance to charge their cell phones.
By using renewable resources for fuel instead of petroleum, you're reducing your carbon footprint. You'll also avoid fuel canisters from being left lying around in the bush or on the trail. Open wood fires are inefficient, wasting potential energy and creating toxic smoke due to incomplete combustion. Carefully designed stoves that use fans to blow air into the fire can dramatically improve combustion. The BioLite CampStove combines the benefits of both an advanced stove and an off-grid power charger. This makes BioLite more cost-effective and compact than the competition, and offers unique social and environmental benefits as well.
- The USB port provides 2W of power at 5V, charging devices from LED lights to smartphones
- The power module houses a thermoelectric generator, converting heat to electricity. It also contains a small microprocessor which manages the flow of power both to the fan and USB port.
- A copper probe regulates the flow of heat to the thermoelectric generator.
- By regulating the flow of air through fuel, the high-temp steel fuel chamber gassifies wood and promotes clean combustion.
- Jets circulate air throughout the fuel chamber.
- A lightweight screen protects hot metal surfaces.
- The anodized aluminum legs fold in for compact storage.
- Packed Size: Height 8.25 inches; Width 5 inches
- Weight 33 oz (935 grams)
- Fuel Renewable biomass (twigs, pinecones, wood pellets, etc.)
- Fire Power Output Peak: 3.4 kW (LO), 5.5 kW (HI)
- USB Power Output Max continuous: 2W @5V, Peak: 4W @5V
- Compatible Devices Powers most USB-chargeable devices including smartphones.
- Charging Time iPhone 4S (2G): 20 minutes of charging provides 60 minutes of talk time. Charging times vary by device and by strength of fire.
- Boil Time 4.5 minutes to boil 1 liter of water. Varies based on strength of fire.
- Fuel Quantity 1.6oz (46g) of wood to boil 1 L of water
In the box:
- BioLite Stove
- Stuff Sack
- USB Cord (for internal battery charging)
Note: Most devices come with specific charging tips.
In an effort to reduce waste, BioLite have not included charging cables for devices.